FOR 1 Hour
1 Time a Quarter
... $10,000 to an amazing local charity!
100 Women Who Give a Hoot Chapel Hill- Durham... a little idea that started with a big heart in late 2018. We are a group of women representing Durham, Orange, Chatham and Alamance counties who are looking to take a little time out of our day to learn and donate to a deserving local charity!
Through the power of collective giving we support nonprofits in our community and those they serve. The Chapel Hill-Durham Chapter of 100 Women Who Give A Hoot has donated $90,000 since inception. The concept of collective giving isn’t something new however being able to give and make a difference in one hour is.
In a typical year, we come together once a quarter for one hour to listen to three local nonprofits as they tell their stories and pitch their needs. Each member agrees to support the nonprofit chosen as the award recipient at each meeting with a $100 donation. That’s 100 X $100= $10K in giving each quarter to our community.
We are also all about meeting new people, networking with each other and having some fun along the way! Our quarterly charity events and social outings are full of energy and enthusiasm - come JOIN US!
HOW THE EVENING WILL GO...
- You'll listen to presentations from 3 (randomly) selected local charities (nominated by our CHD Hoot members)!
- Come early (6:00-6:30) to visit the charities table and learn about their missions!
- Members will vote for one charity to be this quarter's big donation recipient!
- The Award Recipient walks away with a very impactful donation. Don't worry - the other charities don't walk away empty-handed thanks to our amazing sponsors.
- Stay after the meeting to socialize with other members and have a drink and a bite to eat!
QUARTERLY EVENT SCHEDULE
- 6:00- Doors open and check-in (come early to visit the 3 presenting charity tables)
- 6:30 - Charity presentations, voting, and awards!!
- 7:30 - Post-event reception and cash bar
Over $90,000 in donations to date!